Job descriptions outline the daily duties and main responsibilities required in a job role. Job descriptions are designed to be high level and not drill down to describe every specific task. Job descriptions should be live documents that are reviewed on a regular basis.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure the job description accurately reflects not only job but the workplace culture and business brand
- Use dot point statements to list the tasks rather than lengthy statements
- Keep the job descriptions high level (they are not procedure manuals)
- Consider grouping the responsibilities into section ie “administration duties”, “customer service responsibilities” “workplace health and safety responsibilities”
- Review the job descriptions often to ensure they are up to date. (Recruiting and performance review sessions are excellent opportunities for this)
- Create an easy to edit job description template
A good job description is a well crafted document.
Contact us for:
- Providing job description templates
- Reviewing and providing feedback on job descriptions
- Provide coaching and support in preparation of job descriptions
- Drafting of specific job descriptions